Saturday, May 23, 2009

bored...boards...party!!

Thats right, I have finally updated! Life has been pretty chill here, its wonderful! I have officially finished RT school, and passed my BOARDS! I did much better than expected, I was convinced I was going to fail, especially from the first few questions. I don't usually get nervous for tests because I have come to accept the fact that I do ok with tests and I am usually content with my score, but this test was a little different! My heart was pounding the entire time that I reviewed it. I will say that I learned alot through my studies but the only way I passed was through lots of help from my Heavenly Father and the countless prayer from me and my family. It was an amazing experience. Anway...its a relief to be done...now I am just trying to get a job so I can make some real money! We will see how that goes, especially with a few new developments in our lives!

So to celebrate being done with xray school, and meg (she is my twin sister, and yes I obviously talk about her lots) being finished and PASSED her first year of nursing school. Her and tooter (the fiance) decided to take a trip down to HOT Lake Powell! We decided it was also to celebrate Mark and Toot's b.days cuz they are both in May too! But we went last weekend and partied! We just mostly fished because Toot has an amazing boat that is definitely dedicated to fishing.



Mark caught the first fish, thats a 'strippie' he caught a total of 8

His first Walleye, and the biggest fish he has caught in his life!

My fishie! Mark is nice enough to let me fish with him and bait the line and take off those nasty fishes!
I only caught three, none of them were keepers, but thats a ok, cuz I hate dead fish. We all caught our fair share of cat fish...Mark hated them. I tended to catch my fish in the back of the boat with my feet in the water cuz it was so hot. Sadly I didn't get a nice tan cuz I burned so nicely on the first day.


This is Meg, she hopped in to go swim cuz it was so hot, I was too chicken and not hot enough at the moment! She is always hilarious to hear when jumping in the water, as we all are!


Meg tolerates fishes more than me, but this is her right before she kissed the nasty fish! She is gross! Megan just left her pole in a holder most of the days and caught more than me! She is simply amazing!

So I just have to share a hilarious incident that happened in the boat, cuz quite frankly I can't get over it. So I was just sitting in the boat while toot was driving to get to a canyon and I wasn't really holding on the anything. I assume he went over a big wave...and I was almost history. I somehow fell out of my chair into the back of the boat bouncing around like a dead fish. I couldn't stop laughing so I couldn't grab anything, my fingers get weak when I laugh...odd! So Mark is trying to help me up so they don't have to slow down, but neither of us can stop laughing. Meanwhile Meg comes back because she thought I passed out ( I have a hsitory). Toot confirmed i was lame! I hope it wasn't a had to be there moment! We saw lots of lizards doing pushups, it was pretty sweet!

I have a goal of taking more pictures, only when we go hiking though! Mark and I have a date night every week and go hike up Rock Canyon and have dinner once a week. Its great and beautiful...I hope I remember to take more pictures! ...until I have exciting news...

3 comments:

Tippetts Family said...

Man where was I, I would have had a ball with you nuts! Congrats on everything...passing and all that:D We shall meet up soon!
LOVES
Lace

Jared and Jessica said...

LOL! I laughed when I read your story because I saw something like that happen to a girl when we went river rafting. She was sitting in front of me, we hit a big wave, and bounce bounce, overboard! haha!

Butler Family said...

lol mandi i can so see that happening to you! im laughing my butt off. Loved the pics!